By Jubin Katiraie
The coronavirus does not differentiate between humans, but due to the inefficiency of the Iranian regime, many Iranian doctors and nurses are the victims of the coronavirus.
It is no exaggeration to say that the coronavirus outbreak has challenged the world. The number of patients is increasing day by day, and the number of victims is going through a similar process.
Doctors and nurses are at a hidden war that has engulfed the world, the soldiers on the front lines with this virus. They are cherished in all societies, respected and supported for their sacrifices.
The human consciences respect the hardships and sufferings of those who seek to help other humans, regardless of gender, age, race, nationality, and…
In the meantime, the governments, which play the role of organizing and supporting this battle, will undoubtedly not leave this hard-working class alone and support them, because they, in addition to doing their job and duty, are exposed to an invisible enemy that kills humans regardless of their jobs.
But in Iran, Iranian doctors and nurses are sent to the coronavirus altar, because of an unworthy government, without providing them with preventive requirements that the fight with the coronavirus needs.
In the third month that Iran and its people are struggling with the coronavirus, not a day has gone by without news of the death of doctors, nurses and medical staff in medical centers and hospitals in various Iranian cities.
It can be said that the loss of life of medical personnel is not specific to Iran, and in most other countries, we have witnessed casualties from these strata.
This is not wrong, but when we look at the reports and protests of Iranian doctors and nurses, we find other dimensions of the fact that the regime does not only care about the people but also does not shy to sacrifice doctors and nurses.
From the beginning of the tragedy, the voices of the protests were raised against the inefficiency of the government. On 24 February 2020, the staff of Khomeini Hospital in Amol, one of the quarantine hospitals in the city, protested the lack of preventive equipment in the hospital. They said: “Preventive equipment does not meet the needs of clients, and medical staff has difficulty obtaining basic equipment.”
Jafarzadeh Imen Abadi, a member of Iran’s parliament from Rasht, had previously said about the situation of medical personnel in Rasht: “50 percent of the medical staff in Gilan have the coronavirus. The facilities are short. We don’t have protective masks and clothes. We have to use 10,000 N-95 masks a day, and frankly, we can’t secure the life of our medical staff, because we have so many shortages.”
In addition to these problems, the living conditions of the country’s medical staff in the worst situation in the country is catastrophic. The medical staff of Al-Zahra Hospital in Rasht announced in February 2020, that “they have not been paid for 7 months.”
Regrettably, the Iranian government neglected the voices of doctors and physicians about the emergence of the coronavirus in Iran. Instead, officials tried to silence noble medical staff to keep the people in dark over the outbreak of the deadly virus. For instance, Dr. Yousefpour recently revealed that he warned authorities over the spread of COVID-19 in the country. However, he was summoned by the Judiciary due to saying the truth.
Finally, it is worth remembering the country’s medical personnel who sacrificed their lives on the battlefield with the coronavirus and to name them national heroes, while the regime has nothing else to do than to betray the people, but unfortunately, the list is not complete because of the difficulties and censorship of the regime to get information:
- Narjes Khanalizadeh, a nurse at Milad Hospital in Lahijan
- Ramin Azizi Far, a nurse at Baharlou Hospital in Tehran
- Mostafa Samadi from Babol
- Ardeshir Shiran from Isfahan
- Mohammad Vosoughi Kia, a nurse at Aria and Poursina hospitals in Rasht
- Mohammad Ali Rabiee from Gilan
- Hamid Lotfi from Soomeh Sara
- Ali Sheikh Moradi, a nurse at Ghaem Hospital in Rasht
- Siamak Doshli, physician of Beheshti Hospital, Bandar Anzali
- Mohammad Ali Rabiee
- Reza Kouchakiania from Astana
- Mohammad Mohammadi from Gilan
- Mehdi Fath Abadi, from Chamran Hospital, Tehran
- Sorna Mirmirani from Amol
- Zahtab Hosseini and Seyed-al Hosseini from the staff of Golsar Hospital in Rasht
- Mahrokh Jafari is a nurse at Fayyaz Bakhsh Social Security Hospital in Tehran
- Kourosh Goodarzipour from Mofid Hospital in Tehran
- Mohammad Bakhsh Alizadeh from Gilan
- Vahid Monsef Kasmaei from Gilan
- Mohammad Mohammadi
- Mohammad Ebrahimi from Gilan
- Shahrooz Karimian from Fayyaz Hospital, Tehran Social Security Department
- Fariba Izadpanahi Nurse of Beheshti Hospital in Shiraz
- Ali Akbar Pouyan from Varamin
- Soheil Kianfar, a urologist at Gil Hospital in Rasht
- Majid Ardashiri, Faculty of Medicine, Babol University of Medical Sciences
- Manouchehr Sadati, Babol University of Medical Sciences
- Marzieh Hosseini Nejad, Babol University of Medical Sciences
- Javad Jalali Nia Babol University of Medical Sciences
- Jamshid Mohaddesi from Ramsar
- Vahid Irvani from Tehran
- Tahmineh Adibi, a nurse in the emergency department of Anzali Hospital
- Haniyeh Edalati, an employee of Shafa Hospital in Takestan
- Anousheh Bikian, midwife of Al-Zahra Hospital in Rasht
- Iman Moinzadeh, a nurse at Kowsar Hospital in Astana Ashrafieh
- Gholam Ali Manavian of Miandrood city of Mazandaran
- Shirin Rouhani Rad from Masih Daneshvari Hospital in Tehran
- Hassan Arbab, an employee of the emergency services of Kamyab Hospital in Mashhad
- Abbas Tusan from Tehran
- Abdul Shakur Hazhir Amiri, from Rasht
- Taghi Aharchi Farshi, a pediatrician from Tabriz
- Arastoo Rostamnejad, from Pakdasht
- Saadat Shakiba from Jalil Hospital in Yasouj
- Rashid Sheikh Aghaei Nurse of Bukan Hospital,
- Niloufar Ismailbeigi, General Emergency Physician, Moheb Kosar Hospital, Tehran
- Misor Baalbaki from Laleh Hospital in Tehran
- Vahid Yahyawi from Bojnourd
Dozens of Doctors Die in Iran Hospital From Coronavirus
Audio File from Doctors’ Assembly in Gilan Reveals New Scope of Coronavirus Outbreak Iran