IranEgyptian Officials Hold Phone Talks with Iran and IAEA...

Egyptian Officials Hold Phone Talks with Iran and IAEA to Mediate

-

Egypt’s foreign ministry announced mediation efforts to resume cooperation between Iran’s regime and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) after it had been halted. These contacts aimed to reduce tensions and preserve regional stability.

In an official statement, Egypt’s foreign ministry said that on Tuesday, August 12, Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty held separate phone calls with Abbas Araghchi, Iran’s regime foreign minister, and Rafael Grossi, IAEA Director General. According to Cairo, the purpose of these talks was to strengthen mutual trust and create a favorable environment for security and stability in the region.

The Egyptian foreign minister and Grossi also discussed the latest developments regarding Iran’s nuclear file and focused on finding ways to encourage cooperation between Tehran and the IAEA.

Austrian Intelligence: Iran’s Regime is Actively Pursuing Nuclear Weapons

These contacts took place after Tehran announced that it would halt cooperation with the IAEA following the 12-day war in June. In June, Araghchi wrote on the social media platform X: “Iran will suspend cooperation with the Agency until it can ensure the security and safety of its nuclear activities.”

Reports indicate that an IAEA delegation is scheduled to travel to Tehran in the coming days to assess the damage to Iran’s regime nuclear facilities. The exact date of this visit has not yet been announced.

Egyptian officials have stated that they will continue their efforts to establish communication channels between Tehran and the IAEA to prevent escalation of tensions in the region. So far, Iranian officials and the Agency have not commented on the outcome of these contacts.

Iran’s Regime Insists on Retaining Nuclear Technology in Any Potential Agreement

During his visit to Cairo last month, Araghchi said: “If the United States wants to deprive us of nuclear technology, there will definitely be no agreement.”

He stressed: “If the purpose of the negotiations is to deprive Iran of peaceful activities, there will definitely be no agreement, and we will never leave the negotiating table to prove our legitimacy.”

Iran’s regime foreign minister said: “Regarding the Snapback, we hope European countries will not make this mistake. This would be a wrong policy and will add to the existing crises.”

Araghchi added: “The Iranian nation has paid a heavy price for uranium enrichment.”

These developments come as European parties to the JCPOA have recently announced that if Iran’s regime does not agree to a “satisfactory” deal, they will activate the Snapback.

Latest news

Senior Iranian Regime Official Threatens Regional Countries with Military Attacks

Mohsen Rezaei, secretary of the Iranian regime's Supreme National Security Council, responded to increasing U.S. economic pressure by threatening...

Iran’s Regime Lays Groundwork for Raising Gasoline Prices

As economic and financial pressure on the Iranian regime intensifies, Iranian regime president Masoud Pezeshkian has once again laid...

Iranian Regime Parliament Speaker: If People Are Hungry, We Will Not Survive

Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of the Iranian regime’s Majlis (parliament), warned about the consequences of the economic crisis...

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Must read

Iran broadcasts British sailor’s apology

AP: One of the 15 British service members held...

Iran Meddles in Dispute Between Algeria and Morocco

Iran Focus London, 10 May - The Arab world...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you