GeneralIran’s Police Assault and Arrest Girls for Not Wearing...

Iran’s Police Assault and Arrest Girls for Not Wearing Mandatory Hijab

-

Following widespread reactions to a recently released video showing the violent behavior of police officers towards women, the Iranian regime’s police claimed the footage was “from the past” and called “everyone to uphold the law and prevent the occurrence and spread of social anomalies.” Meanwhile, a media outlet, referring to the same video, asked Masoud Pezeshkian, the president of the Iranian regime, to dismiss the Minister of Interior and appoint an “acting minister” for the ministry until his proposed candidate gains a vote of confidence.

In a police statement, the date of the mentioned video was confirmed as June 21, 2024, as previously stated by the mother of one of the two girls involved in the incident. The police confirmed that the confrontation occurred due to the hijab issue and referred to it as “inappropriate attire and unveiling,” which prompted the officers’ “warning.”

In response to the widespread reaction to the released video, the Asr Iran website wrote in an article, “The harsh treatment of these girls is very painful and regrettable. The police behavior is such that it seems like they are arresting two habitual criminals.”

This media outlet recalled Pezeshkian’s statements during the election debates, where he said, “For 40 years, we have tried to institutionalize the hijab through intervention.”

The release of a video showing government officials confronting two 14-year-old girls over their hijab sparked a wave of reactions among Iranians on Tuesday, August 6.

In the video, Maryam Abbasi, the mother of the 14-year-old girl featured in the footage, says that on June 21, her daughter and her friend were attacked and beaten by authorities on a street in Tehran. During the confrontation and arrest, one of the girls’ heads hit an electric pole, and the assaults continued inside the van.

According to Mrs. Abbasi, her complaints and follow-ups were only addressed to the extent that the duty judge of the Military Prosecutor’s Office allowed her to obtain the area’s CCTV footage. However, after that, no further response was given to her complaints and requests.

Masoud Pezeshkian, now appointed as the president of the regime, had said during his debate with five other presidential candidates selected by the Guardian Council to succeed Raisi: “I guarantee that the entire government will stand firm against mandatory patrols (for hijab), internet filtering, and external pressures in all sessions.”

These promises by Masoud Pezeshkian and the demands of his supporters come at a time when the pressures of the Iranian regime on women and the suppression of their right to free attire intensified in 2024 from April 13, following Ali Khamenei’s directive in a plan named “Noor Plan.”

Meanwhile, on July 30, during his inauguration ceremony, Masoud Pezeshkian once again explicitly emphasized the necessity of continuing Ali Khamenei’s policies.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Economic Crisis: The Real Face of a Regime That Portrays Itself as Powerful

Following increased economic pressure on the Iranian regime and a naval blockade, its leaders fear that US President Donald...

Tensions Rise Between France and Iran’s Regime

In response to the Iranian regime's decision to declare two former employees of the French Embassy in Tehran "persona...

Must read

Urgent: UN Security Council imposes new sanctions on Iran

Iran Focus: London, Mar. 03 – The United Nations...

Iran warns Israel against extending conflict

AFP: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad boasted Friday that Israel...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you