Iran Nuclear NewsUS Congressman: Obama making too many concessions to Iran...

US Congressman: Obama making too many concessions to Iran in nuclear deal

-

US Rep. Ed Royce, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee

Iran Focus

Washington, 25 Jun – The Obama Administration is “dropping its bottom-line by the day” in international negotiations over Iran’s suspected nuclear weapons programme, US Rep. Ed Royce, Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a statement on Wednesday.

A report by the Associated Press on Wednesday indicated that a possible agreement is set to offer Tehran high-tech reactors and convert Iran’s underground facility at Fordo for isotope production.

“The Obama Administration is dropping its bottom-line by the day. This morning it’s reported that Fordo will be used for isotope production. While we once demanded that this hardened mountain-top facility be shut, we are now on the verge of accepting technology there that can quickly be re-engineered for bomb-making fuel”, Royce said in a statement.

“These continued concessions only emboldened Iran’s leaders to press for more. So much so that yesterday, Iran’s Supreme Leader essentially tore up the weak ‘framework’ agreement reached in April. No inspections on Iran’s military sites? Immediate sanctions relief? How come we are not reading about any concessions on the Iranian side? The way these negotiations are moving, it is increasingly difficult to see the Administration striking a meaningful, lasting agreement that would be acceptable to Congress.”

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Tuesday ruled out inspections of military sites and a long-term freeze of nuclear activities, while demanding that sanctions be lifted immediately.

Last week, US Senator Bob Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, chided the Obama administration over comments by Secretary of State John Kerry that the US would be prepared to accept concessions regarding full disclosure of Iran’s past attempts to develop a nuclear weapon, including permitting sanctions relief before those issues are fully resolved.

Iran and the P5+1 states – Britain, China, France, Russia, the US and Germany – have a self-imposed deadline of 30 June to reach an agreement limiting Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for relief from economic sanctions.

 

 

Latest news

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Gasoline Price Hikes in Iran Trigger a New Battle Over People’s Livelihoods

As Iran’s economic crisis, inflation, and declining purchasing power continue, recent remarks by Hamid Rasai, a member of the...

Paris to Host Major Rally Supporting a Free Iran on June 20

More than 100,000 people are expected to gather in Paris on June 20, 2026, to voice their support for...

Amnesty International: 2,159 People Executed in Iran in 2025

In a new report, Amnesty International stated that the Iranian regime carried out at least 2,159 executions in 2025,...

Must read

Iran to unveil new submarine

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Nov. 28 – Iran will...

Russia says Iran crucial to success of Syria meeting

Reuters: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you