IranUS Seizes Weapons Shipments Sent by Iran’s Regime to...

US Seizes Weapons Shipments Sent by Iran’s Regime to the Houthis

-

U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) reported the seizure of weapons shipments end route to the Houthis in Yemen, an armed group backed by Iran’s regime, and stated that the seizures were carried out by Yemen’s National Resistance Forces.

In a statement on Thursday, CENTCOM said that on August 6, Yemeni security forces, in coordination with the Attorney General and Aden port authorities, seized a shipment containing drones, jet propulsion systems, wireless devices, and advanced control components destined for the Iran-backed Houthis.

According to the report, the shipment, which was bound for the Yemeni city of Al Hudaydah, was moved to Aden and jointly inspected by counterterrorism units, customs, and police.

Yemeni officials said the shipment was part of a large smuggling network that uses the Houthi-controlled port of Al Hudaydah to transfer advanced military equipment to terrorist organizations in the region.

CENTCOM stated that the seizure was carried out in support of United Nations Security Council resolutions and to reinforce Yemen’s commitment to regional stability and maritime security.

U.S. Calls for “Immediate and Decisive Action” Against Iran-Backed Houthis

Admiral Brad Cooper, commander of U.S. Central Command, praised the action, saying that for the second time in the past three weeks, they commend the forces of Yemen’s legitimate government for continuing to halt the flow of Iranian munitions and equipment to the Houthis.

This is not the first time that shipments intended for the Houthis have been seized before reaching their destination.

On July 16, 2025, U.S. Central Command announced that Yemen’s National Resistance Forces, led by General Tariq Saleh, had intercepted the largest shipment of advanced Iranian-made weapons bound for the Houthis in Yemen.

On Wednesday, July 16, CENTCOM said in a statement that the shipment, weighing over 750 tons, included hundreds of advanced cruise missiles, anti-ship and anti-air missiles, warheads, guidance systems, drone engines, air defense equipment, radar systems, and communication tools.

According to Yemeni forces, Persian-language manuals were found among the seized cargo, and many of the systems were manufactured by a company linked to Iran’s Ministry of Defense that is under U.S. sanctions.

A day later, Esmaeil Baghaei, spokesperson for Iran’s regime Foreign Ministry, dismissed reports of a military shipment from Iran to Yemen for the Houthis as “baseless” and said, “This is a media campaign against Iran.”

However, on July 18, The Wall Street Journal, citing multiple seizures of advanced weapons in Lebanon, Syria, and near Yemen, reported that these incidents show Iran’s regime is making a renewed effort to rearm its proxy forces.

According to the report, the Iranian regime is quickly replenishing the Houthis’ weapons stockpiles following U.S. and Israeli strikes.

Separately, Iran’s regime has recently been sending weapons to Hezbollah using small vehicles through Syria, whereas previously it used trucks.

The Wall Street Journal also reported that Tehran, continuing its efforts to arm militant groups in the Middle East, is sending missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon and is attempting to transfer more weapons from Iraq to Syria.

Latest news

Tensions Rise Between France and Iran’s Regime

In response to the Iranian regime's decision to declare two former employees of the French Embassy in Tehran "persona...

Cost of Living Basket Several Times Higher Than Iranian Workers’ Wages

Workers' cost of living has come under pressure from inflation and low wages. July inflation data point to intensifying...

‘No To Executions Tuesdays’ Campaign Expands to 60 Prisons Across Iran

According to human rights sources in Iran, the "No to Executions Tuesdays" campaign has expanded to 60 prisons across...

Iranian Regime Parliament Issues New Plan to Counter ‘Infiltration’

The general framework of the proposal titled "Countering the Infiltration of Intelligence Services and Foreign Governments or Institutions" was...

People In Iran Can No Longer Afford to Repair Household Appliances

The sharp rise in living costs in Iran has prevented many citizens from repairing household appliances, forcing them to...

Canadian Federal Court Rejects Salman Samani’s Request to Halt Deportation

The Federal Court of Canada has rejected Salman Samani's request to halt his deportation from Canada. Samani served as...

Must read

Iran-Backed Hezbollah’s Role in the Syrian War

Iran Focus London, 20 Oct - Iran-backed Hezbollah gained...

On 89th Week, ‘No to Execution Tuesdays’ Campaign Expands with Hunger Strike in 52 Iranian Prisons

The "No to Execution Tuesdays" campaign, a prisoner-led movement...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you