IranSpokesman Majlis National Security Commission: There Is No Hope...

Spokesman Majlis National Security Commission: There Is No Hope for Negotiations

-

The spokesman for the Iranian regime’s Majlis (Parliament) National Security Commission told CNN that, given the U.S. stance requiring a complete halt to uranium enrichment, there is no hope for successful negotiations with the United States, and the regime is preparing an alternative plan.

Ebrahim Rezaei, spokesman for the regime’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, told CNN that given the American officials’ insistence on a complete halt to uranium enrichment inside Iran, “there is no hope” for successful negotiations with the U.S., and the regime is “preparing for Plan B” in the event talks collapse.

On Saturday, May 24, Rezaei told the outlet that the Iranian regime has become disillusioned with the nuclear negotiation process, explaining that the U.S. side continues to insist on zero enrichment, and the Iranian regime will never agree to zero enrichment. “That’s why we are exploring an alternative plan.” However, he did not specify what that plan would entail.

Nuclear Talks Resume Between Iranian Regime and U.S. Amid Stalemate and Tensions

In the interview with CNN, Rezaei stated that if the Americans’ goal is merely to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons, a deal might be achievable. But he added that if their goal is complete cessation of enrichment, then a deal will definitely not be possible.

Despite this, the spokesman added that it is still too early to judge the outcome of the negotiations, but “so far we have not seen much seriousness from the American side.”

Two sources from within the Iranian regime told CNN that since the United States insists on dismantling Tehran’s uranium enrichment program, it is unlikely that these talks will lead to an agreement.

These statements echo recent remarks by Steve Witkoff, the head of the U.S. negotiation team, in an interview with ABC News, in which he said that uranium enrichment is a clear red line for the Trump administration.

The negotiations between the U.S. and the Iranian regime, which began in April, represent the highest level of talks since the United States withdrew from the nuclear deal during Donald Trump’s first term.

Trump, after returning to the White House, has revived his “maximum pressure” campaign against the Iranian regime. He supports the ongoing negotiations but has warned that if diplomacy fails, the option of military action remains on the table.

 

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Lays Groundwork for Raising Gasoline Prices

As economic and financial pressure on the Iranian regime intensifies, Iranian regime president Masoud Pezeshkian has once again laid...

Iranian Regime Parliament Speaker: If People Are Hungry, We Will Not Survive

Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of the Iranian regime’s Majlis (parliament), warned about the consequences of the economic crisis...

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Must read

Iran’s Khamenei blames US for Iraq stampede

Iran Focus: Tehran, Sep. 01 – Iran’s Supreme Leader...

Iran’s intelligence chief says Britain behind bombings

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Jan. 26 – Iran’s intelligence...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you