Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Saturday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Nov 7 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Saturday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– "The country cannot be run with poverty… hell is also for the incompetent," said Ayatollah Javadi Amoli in reference to the government's handling of economic problems.
– Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said Washington will have to choose between "change or defeat" in its encounter with Iran.
KAR VA KARGAR
– " The root cause of the Iranian youth's attraction towards narcotics is unemployment," said lawmaker Javad Zamani.
– "(Some) 80 percent of the Iranian pilgrims are expected to contract the swine flu H1N1," said a Health Ministry report.
– The number of those detained in an opposition rally on Wednesday is unclear, said a police official.
– A senior cleric said judiciary should not keep the cases of post-election detainees undecided any longer.