Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Wednesday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Dec 30 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Wednesday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– More than 200 lawmakers called in a statement for "maximum punishment" for those who insulted the religious sanctities during the Shi'ite Muslim religious ritual of Ashura on Sunday.
– Religious leaders condemned the rioters' insult to their religion on Ashura Day and called on the judiciary to take legal action against the main elements.
– Tehran prosecutor Abbas Jafar Dolatabadi said the body of the nephew of (opposition leader Mirhossein) Mousavi, who was killed on Sunday, was in the coroner's office for further examination.
– Nationwide rallies planned on Wednesday to condemn the insult to religious sanctity on Ashura Day.
– Demonstrators will hold a sit-in protest in front of Mousavi's office in Tehran and will continue their protest until the judiciary takes firm action against "all sedition leaders".
– Two religious leaders, Ayatollah Nasser Makarem Shirazi and Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, called for a peaceful solution the current political discord in the country.