Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Jan 18 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Air pollution is inflicting some $2 billion in damages on the country annually, said an official in the northern province of Mazandaran.
– Central Bank governor Mahmoud Bahmani said Iran's inflation rate will become single digit by the end of the Iranian year that ends in March.
KAR VA KARGAR
– Rising unemployment in Iran is the outcome of a lack of appropriate planning and excessive reliance on oil income, said First Vice-President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi.
– Iran was deprived of hosting the Islamic countries' solidarity games in Tehran for insisting on using "Persian Gulf" to refer to the waterway.
– Tehran police chief Azizullah Rajabzadeh said the Ashura day rioters will be arrested to the last, referring to anti-government protests on Dec. 27.