Iran General NewsMullen Mideast trip shows US 'worry': Iran general

Mullen Mideast trip shows US ‘worry’: Iran general

-

AFP: A trip to the Middle East by the top US military officer Mike Mullen shows the “deep worry” of Washington when it comes to the fate of its forces in the region, the top Iranian general said Sunday.

TEHRAN (AFP) — A trip to the Middle East by the top US military officer Mike Mullen shows the “deep worry” of Washington when it comes to the fate of its forces in the region, the top Iranian general said Sunday.

“The hasty trip of Mike Mullen shows the deep worry regarding the fate of American forces stationed in the region,” armed forces chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi said in a statement.

Calling for the withdrawal of US forces from the region, Firouzabadi said that “any kind of military operation will fail to have an effect on the Muslim peoples’ revolution which is being done to get rid of American oppression.”

He said the revolts rocking longstanding Western-backed regimes around the Arab world would result in the troops’ “quick exit”.

Mullen was in the Middle East last week on a tour during which he accused Iran of fomenting instability in the region, but said Tehran was not behind the popular protests in several regional countries.

“Iran, I still believe, is a country that continues to foment instability in the region, take advantage of every opportunity,” Mullen, chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in Qatar last Monday.

But “from my perspective that has not been the principal focus of what happened in Egypt or what happened in Bahrain or any of these other countries,” he said, referring to popular protests rocking key US allies.

“Those are by and large internal issues, as opposed to issues fomented by some external forces,” Mullen said, although “there’s always concerns in this region with Iran, and certainly the US has them, as well as all the regional players.”

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Plans Fuel Rationing, Higher Gasoline Prices Within Next 15 Days

Esmail Saghab-Esfahani, a vice president of Iran's regime, said on Saturday, August 15, that Iran's daily gasoline consumption is...

Iranian Regime Drone Attack on Office of Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region of Iraq

Masrour Barzani, Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, announced that his private office and the residence of...

Iran’s Regime is Rebuilding the Security Circle Around Mojtaba Khamenei with New Security Figure

The return of Hossein Taeb to the Iranian regime's security structures, at a time when the balance of power...

Ship Traffic Through the Strait of Hormuz Has Nearly Come to a Halt After Tanker Attacks

Reuters, citing data from maritime tracking company Kpler, reported that commercial ship traffic through the international Strait of Hormuz...

Execution of Shahram Sadeghi, a Protester from Iran’s January Uprising

The Iranian regime's Judiciary announced on the morning of Sunday, August 16, that Shahram Sadeghi had been executed. He...

Iran’s Healthcare Services in Crisis with Shortage of 100,000 Nurses

The shortage of 100,000 nurses in Iran's healthcare system has now become one of the most serious crises facing...

Must read

Annan urges Iran to freeze nuclear plans

Reuters: U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan urged Iran on Thursday...

Iranian MP expects positive vote for DM wanted by Interpol

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Aug. 25 - An Iranian MP...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you