Iran General NewsIran claims new bomb planted by Britain

Iran claims new bomb planted by Britain

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Feb. 20 – Iran said on Monday that Britain was behind a blast that had gone off in the south-western city of Ahwaz on Sunday night which was similar to several recent explosions in the volatile city. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Feb. 20 – Iran said on Monday that Britain was behind a blast that had gone off in the south-western city of Ahwaz on Sunday night which was similar to several recent explosions in the volatile city.

State-run news agencies reported that there were no casualties when the sound bomb went off in Kian Pars district of Ahwaz.

Seyyed Nezzam Mollahoveizeh, the Majlis deputy for Dasht-Abad, told the news agency Fars that the Intelligence Ministry had been able to arrest a number of individuals behind Sunday’s bombing and accused them of having ties to London.

“The mother of all corruption Britain has become an opponent of Iran. Our opponents are supported and empowered in London”, he said.

He called on the Foreign Ministry to expel the British ambassador to Iran.

Mohsen Farrokh-Nejjad, head of politico-security in the province, announced that the explosives used in Sunday’s blast were similar to those used in a spate of bombings in the city earlier this year and in 2005.

Farrokh-Nejjad said that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had cancelled his trip for next week to Khuzestan Province, the third time he had done so since his ascendance to the Presidency. Ahwaz, the capital of the Arab-dominated province of Khuzestan, has been the scene of unremitting anti-government protests since the start of 2005. Iran has pointed the finger at Britain as the primary instigator of anti-government violence in Khuzestan.

Separately, the Interior Ministry’s number-two Mohammad-Baqer Zolqadr announced that the identities of those responsible for the recent blasts in Ahwaz would be released in the coming days.

In January, Iran accused British troops in Iraq of being behind a twin bombing in Ahwaz which left at least nine people dead and dozens injured.

A string of top Iranian officials including hard-line President Ahmadinejad have accused Britain of being behind the bombings.

London has repeatedly denied any involvement in the attacks.

Latest news

The Role of Students and Universities in Iran’s Nationwide Uprising

In the national uprising of the people of Iran, which started in mid-September this year, the students played a...

Snapback Sanctions, a Must Response to Iran’s Human Rights Abuse and JCPOA Violations

The protests in Iran have been going on for more than two months, even though the regime is cracking...

Growing Disintegration Among Iran Regime’s Forces

Iran has been shaken by a wave of nationwide protests since mid-September. The trigger was the death of the...

Grim Tidings for Iran’s Regime After Approval of UN Fact-Finding Mission

After many discussions and debates, the United Nations Human Rights Council has approved a fact-finding mission to investigate the...

Iranian People’s Resistance Changed the Appeasement Policy

Soon after the new US government started its obligations in January 2021, hand in hand with the European governments...

Khamenei’s Disgraceful Campaign Against Piranshahr and Javanrud, Who Will Be the Loser?

On the 67th day of Iran’s revolution, the Iranian regime attempted to put a halt to the protests in...

Must read

Turkey pulls out of deal to buy Iranian gas under pressure from US

The Guardian: Turkey delivered a humiliating snub to Iran's...

President vows Iran will conduct “industrial-scale” enrichment

Iran Focus: London, May 05 – Iran’s hard-line President...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you