Iran General NewsIran’s military says West is bluffing

Iran’s military says West is bluffing

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Mar. 01 – One of the most senior figures in Iran’s armed forces accused the West on Wednesday of using threats of military action to dictate its terms to the Islamic Republic, while Western leaders know that “a military confrontation with Iran is impossible and unfeasible”, the state-run Fars news agency reported. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 01 – One of the most senior figures in Iran’s armed forces accused the West on Wednesday of using threats of military action to dictate its terms to the Islamic Republic, while Western leaders know that “a military confrontation with Iran is impossible and unfeasible”, the state-run Fars news agency reported.

The Islamic Republic would never “succumb to the wishes of the West”, Deputy Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi told reporters on the sidelines of a military exhibition in Tehran.

Before being appointed as the number two in the Defence Ministry, General Vahidi was a senior member of the high command of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC). He is regarded as the father of the elite Qods Force, the extra-territorial arm of the IRGC that has been responsible for the Guards’ operations beyond Iran’s borders.

“The West’s psychological operations are always greater than their actual capabilities and are aimed at putting pressure on Iran so as to force us to capitulate to their demands”, Vahidi said.

“The wish of the Arrogant Powers [the West”> to bring about a military confrontation with Iran is impossible and unfeasible, and they are fully aware of it”, the IRGC general said.

“America and the West are faced with numerous problems in implementing their military threats, because such actions will pose more threats to themselves than to Iran”, he added.

The general accused the West of trying to undermine Iran’s internal security, but he said “this evil intention of the enemy will never be realised”.

Vahidi blamed recent disturbances in Iran’s Arab-dominated Khuzistan Province on foreign countries.

“What happened in Khuzistan Province was not an ethnic conflict. It’s a question of terrorist attacks guided from outside our borders”, he said.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Plans Fuel Rationing, Higher Gasoline Prices Within Next 15 Days

Esmail Saghab-Esfahani, a vice president of Iran's regime, said on Saturday, August 15, that Iran's daily gasoline consumption is...

Iranian Regime Drone Attack on Office of Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region of Iraq

Masrour Barzani, Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, announced that his private office and the residence of...

Iran’s Regime is Rebuilding the Security Circle Around Mojtaba Khamenei with New Security Figure

The return of Hossein Taeb to the Iranian regime's security structures, at a time when the balance of power...

Ship Traffic Through the Strait of Hormuz Has Nearly Come to a Halt After Tanker Attacks

Reuters, citing data from maritime tracking company Kpler, reported that commercial ship traffic through the international Strait of Hormuz...

Execution of Shahram Sadeghi, a Protester from Iran’s January Uprising

The Iranian regime's Judiciary announced on the morning of Sunday, August 16, that Shahram Sadeghi had been executed. He...

Iran’s Healthcare Services in Crisis with Shortage of 100,000 Nurses

The shortage of 100,000 nurses in Iran's healthcare system has now become one of the most serious crises facing...

Must read

Iran’s nuke chief to outline Tehran atomic agenda

AP: Iran's nuclear chief is addressing a 155-nation meeting...

Iran summons Swiss envoy to protest over US ‘threats’

AFP: Iran made a formal protest Thursday over military...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you