Iran General NewsAttackers on government convoy identified - Iran police chief

Attackers on government convoy identified – Iran police chief

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Mar. 23 – Iran’s paramilitary police chief announced that Tehran had identified those responsible for an armed attack in the south-eastern province of Sistan-va-Baluchistan which left 22 Iranian officials dead last Friday. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 23 – Iran’s paramilitary police chief announced that Tehran had identified those responsible for an armed attack in the south-eastern province of Sistan-va-Baluchistan which left 22 Iranian officials dead last Friday.

“Those responsible for the terrorist attack in Sistan-va-Baluchistan have been identified and introduced to the Pakistani and Afghan police via Interpol”, Brigadier General Ismaeil Ahmadi-Moqaddam told the government-run news agency Fars on Wednesday.

Ahmadi-Moqaddam said that the assailants had fled Iran to parts of Afghanistan and Pakistan not fully under the control of those countries’ security forces.

Twenty-two Iranian government and provincial officials were killed and at least seven, including the governor of the city of Zahedan, were critically wounded in the ambush as their convoy was returning from a gathering in Zabol to Zahedan.

Hours after the attack took place, Ahmadi-Moqaddam announced there was evidence the assailants had held meetings with British intelligence officers.

Iran’s Interior Minister also pointed the finger at Britain and the United States earlier this week for masterminding the attack.

Radical Shiite cleric Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi also claimed the people behind the attack were the same as those behind a spate of bombings in Iran’s south-western province of Khuzestan earlier this year and in 2005.

“What is clear about the recent events in Zabol and Khuzistan is that those behind the assailants were the same”, Pour-Mohammadi said.

“According to reports received, certain American and British security officials have had meetings with certain leaders of bandits and have encouraged them to carry out terrorist attacks [in Iran”>”, he said.

Sistan-va-Baluchistan Province is home to Baluchis, a predominantly Sunni Muslim ethnic minority. Iran has witnessed escalating unrest in recent months in areas populated by Baluchis, who complain of discriminatory and repressive policies by the theocratic regime.

Latest news

Iran Regime’s Ministry of Culture’s Decision To Eliminate Children’s Intellectual Centers

With the so-called ‘Cultural Revolution’ which took place between 1980 and 1983, the Iranian regime tried to purge the...

Water Shortage Crisis and the Destruction of Iran’s Water Resources

Iran is currently suffering from a number of dangerous natural disasters. One of the most worrying is the drying...

Economic Freedom Under the Rule of the Mullahs in Iran

The Fraser institute published its annual report of the index of economic freedom on September 8, which measured the...

Iran’s Regime Continues Its Internet Restriction Project

This is part of the outlook of a document by the Iranian regime’s Supreme Council of Cyberspace, which has...

Iran’s Human Development Index Dropped Sharply

One of the most common questions asked in primary schools by teachers all over the world is, “wealth or...

Narcotics Iran Regime’s Income Source for Terrorism

Besides Iran’s malign activities, such as its regional interference, and missile and nuclear projects, drug trafficking plays a major...

Must read

Iran’s Larijani makes unexpected trip to Saudi Arabia

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Jan. 14 – Iran's chief...

Arab Summit Alliance Raising Stakes on Iran?

Iran Focus London, 4 Apr - The Iranian Regime’s meddling...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you