Iran General NewsIran prosecutor demands arrest of Argentinian officials

Iran prosecutor demands arrest of Argentinian officials

-

Reuters: A top Iranian prosecutor demanded an arrest warrant be issued for Argentinian judges and prosecutors, state radio said, after Argentina demanded the arrest of Iranian officials over the bombing of a Jewish centre. TEHRAN, Nov 12 (Reuters) – A top Iranian prosecutor demanded an arrest warrant be issued for Argentinian judges and prosecutors, state radio said, after Argentina demanded the arrest of Iranian officials over the bombing of a Jewish centre.

The United States branded Iran and Hezbollah a “global nexus of terrorism” on Saturday and applauded the Argentinian court for seeking the arrest of the Iranian officials in connection with the 1994 bombing which killed 85 people.

Iranian Prosecutor-General Qorbanali Dorri-Najafabadi wrote to hardline Tehran prosecutor Saeed Mortezavi and asked him to issue arrest warrants for former Argentinian judge Juan Jose Galeano who was previously in charge of the case, the current prosecutor and other legal officials, the radio said.

“Despite Galeano being sentenced for taking money and creating a fake case against Iranian officials and after it became clear that Zionist circles paid him … unfortunately the Argentinian prosecutor has made baseless claims against Iran,” state radio quoted Dorri-Najafabadi as saying in his letter.

Galeano was removed from the case in 2003 for corruption.

Dorri-Najafabadi said he wanted Galeano and others involved in the case arrested because “making propaganda against Iran is a crime”.

Iran said on Saturday the Argentinian arrest warrant was part of a Zionist, U.S. plot against Iran.

Argentinian federal Judge Rodolfo Canicoba Corral on Thursday ordered a warrant for the arrest of former Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani and eight others on charges of masterminding the July 18, 1994 attack.

A truck laden with explosives levelled the seven-storey Argentinian Israeli Mutual Association (AMIA) building, a symbol of the country’s Jewish community — Latin America’s largest. Eighty-five people were killed and more than 200 wounded.

Tehran denies any involvement.

Latest news

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Gasoline Price Hikes in Iran Trigger a New Battle Over People’s Livelihoods

As Iran’s economic crisis, inflation, and declining purchasing power continue, recent remarks by Hamid Rasai, a member of the...

Paris to Host Major Rally Supporting a Free Iran on June 20

More than 100,000 people are expected to gather in Paris on June 20, 2026, to voice their support for...

Amnesty International: 2,159 People Executed in Iran in 2025

In a new report, Amnesty International stated that the Iranian regime carried out at least 2,159 executions in 2025,...

Must read

Conservative MP supports Iran opposition leader in Commons debate

Iran Focus: London, May 29 – A British Parliamentarian...

Nuclear issue not included in Iran’s package to 5+1 group

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Sep. 15 - A...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you