GeneralThird Round of U.S. Strikes Against Iran’s Regime After...

Third Round of U.S. Strikes Against Iran’s Regime After IRGC Closes Strait Of Hormuz

-

The United States Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that U.S. forces have launched the third round of strikes against the Iranian regime this week following an attack by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on the Cyprus-flagged container ship M/V GFS Galaxy in the Strait of Hormuz.

CENTCOM said in its statement that the vessel caught fire during the attack and sustained heavy damage to its engine room. It also said that one civilian crew member is missing, leaving the ship unable to continue its voyage.

U.S. Military Attacks More Than 90 Targets in Iran

The U.S. Central Command emphasized that the operation is intended to reduce the Iranian regime’s ability to attack commercial shipping and ensure freedom of navigation through the Strait of Hormuz. It added that the operation will continue under the orders of the Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth wrote in a post on X minutes after the new operation began: “Iran made a poor choice. Now they pay.”

In response, Iranian state-run media reported that cruise missiles and suicide drones had been launched toward the U.S. naval fleet in the Gulf of Oman, and that more than 10 ballistic missiles had also targeted U.S. bases in Jordan. Following these attacks, Jordan activated its air defense systems.

State-run news agencies also reported hearing explosions in Kuwait, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.

CENTCOM further announced that U.S. forces used precision-guided munitions to strike approximately 140 military targets belonging to the Iranian regime. The targets included missile and drone bases, naval facilities, ammunition depots, and communications networks.

According to the U.S. military, the strikes began after IRGC forces attacked two vessels transiting the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday night. The U.S. military said that one of the vessels, which was sailing under the Cypriot flag, caught fire as a result of the IRGC attack.

State-run media also reported airstrikes in various parts of Iran, including Kerman, Dezful, Izeh, Mahshahr, Abadan, Bandar Jask, Sirik, Bandar Deylam, Kangan, Qeshm, Chabahar, Hendijan, Bandar Dayyer, and Asaluyeh.

CENTCOM announced this morning that the third round of military operations against Iranian regime targets had been completed successfully.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Lays Groundwork for Raising Gasoline Prices

As economic and financial pressure on the Iranian regime intensifies, Iranian regime president Masoud Pezeshkian has once again laid...

Iranian Regime Parliament Speaker: If People Are Hungry, We Will Not Survive

Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of the Iranian regime’s Majlis (parliament), warned about the consequences of the economic crisis...

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Must read

Senior Iran cleric blames West for London bombings

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Jul. 08 – The Friday...

Continued Protests of Iranian Retirees and Workers on the Eve of International Workers’ Day

On Sunday, April 27, 2025, various cities across Iran...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you