GeneralTrump: New round of talks with the Iranian regime...

Trump: New round of talks with the Iranian regime to begin on Monday

-

U.S. President Donald Trump announced that a new round of negotiations between Tehran and Washington will begin on Monday. His remarks came hours after he announced the cancellation of planned military strikes against Iran.

Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Sunday evening, Trump said that they don’t want to be attacked, and they were aware of the scope of the attack. We are now in talks, and negotiations begin Monday afternoon.

He also claimed that an agreement had been reached regarding the Strait of Hormuz and expressed hope that a deal on Iran’s nuclear program would also be achieved.

At the same time, reports indicate intensive consultations among the foreign ministers of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Qatar, and Jordan. The discussions appear to be centered on the negotiation process between Tehran and Washington.

Oil Market Reaction

Trump’s remarks about canceling the strikes and resuming negotiations triggered an immediate reaction in global markets. U.S. crude oil prices fell 5% to $80.79 per barrel, while Brent crude also declined 5% to trade at $83.87 per barrel.

Araghchi: Negotiations with Oman are in the final stages

Abbas Araghchi, the Iranian regime’s foreign minister, announced that negotiations between Tehran and Muscat regarding the Strait of Hormuz are nearing completion and are in their final stages.

At the beginning of the cabinet meeting, he presented a report on the latest status of the negotiations and said the talks had made significant progress.

Meanwhile, Esmaeil Baghaei, spokesperson for the Iranian regime’s Foreign Ministry, explained that the negotiations between Iran and Oman are focused on establishing a designated corridor and route for ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz between the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.

According to Baghaei, Tehran believes the southern route through the Strait of Hormuz, which lies in Omani waters, has contributed to regional insecurity and harmed Iran’s national interests, making it unacceptable to the Iranian regime. He added that the agreed route would be neither the current northern route nor the existing southern route, but rather a new route to be agreed upon by the two countries.

Baghaei also stressed that this understanding is unrelated to whether the Strait of Hormuz remains open or closed. He said any potential closure of the waterway would result from what he called “America’s violation of its commitments and the imposition of a blockade,” and emphasized that the agreement with Oman is only one of the prerequisites for reopening the Strait of Hormuz, not a sufficient condition.

According to the report, under the proposed agreement between Iran and Oman, ships would enter the Strait of Hormuz through a route controlled by Iran and exit through Omani waters.

Trump had previously stated that, following requests from Iran and several countries in the region, he agreed to cancel the attack on Iran on the condition that the parties reach an agreement as quickly as possible. He also wrote on his social media platform that an initial agreement had been reached on a general framework, including the immediate, full, and complete reopening of the Strait of Hormuz.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Lays Groundwork for Raising Gasoline Prices

As economic and financial pressure on the Iranian regime intensifies, Iranian regime president Masoud Pezeshkian has once again laid...

Iranian Regime Parliament Speaker: If People Are Hungry, We Will Not Survive

Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of the Iranian regime’s Majlis (parliament), warned about the consequences of the economic crisis...

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Must read

Iran: Worrying Increase of Executions

According to the Iran Human Rights Monitor (Iran HRM),...

Iran hikes domestic airfares by up to 70 percent

AP: Iranian local airlines have increased their airfares by...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you