Iran Nuclear NewsIran warns EU over nuclear pressure

Iran warns EU over nuclear pressure

-

AFP: A top Iranian nuclear official warned Wednesday that the European Union’s mounting pressure on the Islamic republic to limit its nuclear activities would only be counter-productive. “The rougher and faster these countries make the game, the more decisive we become to operate the rest of our nuclear facilities,” the deputy head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation, Mohammad Saidi, told the student agency ISNA. AFP

TEHRAN – A top Iranian nuclear official warned Wednesday that the European Union’s mounting pressure on the Islamic republic to limit its nuclear activities would only be counter-productive.

“The rougher and faster these countries make the game, the more decisive we become to operate the rest of our nuclear facilities,” the deputy head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation, Mohammad Saidi, told the student agency ISNA.

Iran is at loggerheads with the international community over its nuclear programme after resuming uranium ore conversion — the precursor to the ultra-sensitive process of uranium enrichment — ending a nine-month freeze agreed during talks with Britain, France and Germany.

Accused by the United States of seeking nuclear weapons, Tehran insists it has the right to nuclear technology for peaceful purposes under the Non-Proliferation Treaty. But Iran has so far maintained its suspension of uranium enrichment at its Natanz facility.

The International Atomic Energy Agency has called on Iran to halt all nuclear fuel cycle work and ordered the UN watchdog to report on September 3 on Tehran’s compliance with international safeguards.

Iran has refused to backtrack, despite the risk of being referred to the UN Security Council.

“Legally the IAEA is not in a position to talk about a violation,” Saidi said, calling on the Europeans to deal with Iran’s nuclear issue “logically and not to jeopardise and agitate the region.”

“Despite the possibility of another resolution in the September session of the (IAEA) board of governors to call on Iran for re-suspension of the Isfahan installations, we will definitely not accept such call,” he said.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Economic Crisis: The Real Face of a Regime That Portrays Itself as Powerful

Following increased economic pressure on the Iranian regime and a naval blockade, its leaders fear that US President Donald...

Tensions Rise Between France and Iran’s Regime

In response to the Iranian regime's decision to declare two former employees of the French Embassy in Tehran "persona...

Must read

The right policy to defeat Islamic Fundamentalism

Hamid Yazdan Panah is an attorney focused on asylum...

Indian Oil Refiner to Cancel Iran Oil Shipments

Iran Focus London, 27 July - Earlier this month,...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you