Iran Nuclear NewsIran to give EU a chance to offer more...

Iran to give EU a chance to offer more concessions – official

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Aug. 22 – Iran’s former chief nuclear negotiator told reporters on Monday that Tehran would give Europe a chance to give its agreement before the country takes another crucial step towards achieving the full nuclear cycle. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Aug. 22 – Iran’s former chief nuclear negotiator told reporters on Monday that Tehran would give Europe a chance to give its agreement before the country takes another crucial step towards achieving the full nuclear cycle.

Hassan Rowhani, a Shiite cleric who was, until earlier this month, the secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), said, “The Islamic Republic of Iran will give Europe a chance to negotiate with Iran regarding our commencement of nuclear activities at Natanz so that activities in the Natanz project start with mutual agreement”.

Natanz, located about 150 km north of the central city of Isfahan is the site of Iran’s largest known uranium enrichment plant. Iran initially kept the site secret from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), camouflaging it as a project aimed at eradication of deserts. The site was first revealed as a nuclear centre by the opposition National Council of Resistance of Iran in August 2002.

The EU trio – France, Germany, and the United Kingdom – had earlier this month put forward a package of incentives for Iran to abandon its nuclear fuel cycle, including uranium enrichment at Natanz. Iran, however, rejected the offer and recommenced parts of the fuel cycle when it broke weapons inspectors’ seals at its Uranium Conversion Facility in Isfahan, central Iran, and started uranium conversion. Western experts and diplomats said the commencement of work at the UCF effectively breached the November 2004 Paris Agreement which Tehran had signed with the EU3 in order to avoid referral to the United Nations Security Council.

Rowhani said that the European proposal did not recognise Iran’s rights, adding that any attempt by the IAEA to haul Iran’s nuclear file before the Security Council would be “illegal”.

Latest news

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Gasoline Price Hikes in Iran Trigger a New Battle Over People’s Livelihoods

As Iran’s economic crisis, inflation, and declining purchasing power continue, recent remarks by Hamid Rasai, a member of the...

Paris to Host Major Rally Supporting a Free Iran on June 20

More than 100,000 people are expected to gather in Paris on June 20, 2026, to voice their support for...

Amnesty International: 2,159 People Executed in Iran in 2025

In a new report, Amnesty International stated that the Iranian regime carried out at least 2,159 executions in 2025,...

Must read

Launch of Iranian reactor may be delayed

AP: Uranium fuel deliveries for a Russian-built nuclear reactor...

Iran is a leader in terror, Rumsfeld tells defense group

New York Times: Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you