Iran Nuclear NewsU.S. warns of UN Security Council referral for defiant...

U.S. warns of UN Security Council referral for defiant Iran

-

Iran Focus: London, Jan. 10 – The United States warned Iran on Tuesday that is was heading for United Nations Security Council referral unless it immediately reversed its decision to resume uranium enrichment-related activities at its nuclear plant in Natanz. Iran Focus

London, Jan. 10 – The United States warned Iran on Tuesday that is was heading for United Nations Security Council referral unless it immediately reversed its decision to resume uranium enrichment-related activities at its nuclear plant in Natanz.

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan told reporters that the U.S. was consulting with its European allies and others about retaliatory steps after Iran broke International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) seals at its massive uranium enrichment facility at Natanz, resuming previously suspended research and development.

“Any resumption of enrichment and reprocessing activities would be a further violation of the [November 2004″> Paris agreement that Iran agreed to”, McClellan said.

The spokesman said that such steps would be a “serious escalation” of the international standoff over Tehran’s suspected nuclear weapons program.

“There is serious concern throughout the international community about the regime’s behaviour, and given Iran’s history of concealing and hiding their nuclear activities from the international community, and its continued non-compliance of its safeguard obligations, such concern is well-founded”, he said.

“If Iran continues on this path, and we realise that the negotiations have run their course, I think the international community is prepared to move to the next step. They’ve already been found in non-compliance. And being found in non-compliance by a growing majority of the International Atomic Energy Agency leads to one more step if they don’t come back to the table”, McClellan said.

“We are working with the international community to resolve this in a peaceful and diplomatic manner. That’s what we’ve been doing and that’s what we continue to do. In terms of options, you know the [U.S.”> President [George W. Bush”> has already addressed that. The President has made it clear we never take options off the table”.

Latest news

Iran: Death Sentence of Political Prisoner Manouchehr Fallah Reconfirmed

As pressure against political prisoners in Iran intensifies, reports indicate that a court in Rasht has once again confirmed...

Iran’s Regime Forms New Headquarters for Repression and Control of Cyberspace Amidst Internet Blackouts

As widespread internet disruptions and blackouts continue across Iran, reports indicate the formation of a new body called the...

Secret Execution of Two Kurdish Political Prisoners in Naqadeh Prison, Iran

In the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, the death sentences of two Kurdish political prisoners, Ramin Zeleh and...

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Must read

Rice has no plans to meet Iranian at conference on Iraq

AFP: US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Thursday...

Bahrain Suffers Cyber-Attacks by Iranian Hackers

By Jubin Katiraie Iran has been responsible for a...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you