IranAli Khamenei Confirms Death of Thousands of People During...

Ali Khamenei Confirms Death of Thousands of People During Recent Protests

-

Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of the Iranian regime, referring to the recent protests, confirmed the killing of several thousand people and said the Iranian regime does not intend to drag the country into war, but will not let go of “domestic and international criminals.”

On Saturday, January 17, Ali Khamenei, in a meeting with individuals close to the regime held on the occasion of “Eid al-Mab’ath,” confirmed the killing of several thousand people during the Iranian national uprising and said: “We do not intend to take the country toward war, but we will not let domestic criminals go. We will not let international criminals go either.”

Slight Increase in Iran’s Internet Connectivity After 200 Hours of Complete Shutdown

Some sources say that the Iranian regime’s repressive forces mainly killed several thousand people over two consecutive nights, Thursday and Friday, January 8 and 9.

In explaining the Iranian regime’s method of operation, Khamenei referred to the “early Islamic wars” and the way the first Shiite imam acted, describing him as “victorious in all battles” and implicitly comparing himself to him.

At the same time as these remarks, reports circulating on social media from various cities across the country indicate that the bloody suppression of protests, deployment of military forces, raids on homes, confiscation of CCTV camera memory cards, and intensified movement controls have effectively imposed a state of martial law over large parts of Iran.

Khamenei’s warning to Trump

In another part of his remarks, Khamenei said that Donald Trump, the president of the United States, was personally involved in this “sedition,” had “encouraged the seditionists,” and had said he would provide “military support.”

He said that from the beginning of the revolution until today, “America’s domination was eliminated under the leadership of Imam Khomeini,” adding: “From day one, they have been thinking about restoring this domination.”

Khamenei said: “We put out the sedition, but this is not enough. America must be held accountable.”

Khamenei added: “Just as the Iranian nation broke the back of the sedition; it must also break the back of the seditionist.”

At the same time as these remarks, the Persian-language account of the U.S. State Department on X announced: “We have heard reports that the Islamic Republic is preparing options to target U.S. bases.”

The message emphasized that Washington is closely monitoring developments and has the necessary readiness.

The post quoted the U.S. president as saying that “all options remain on the table” and that in the event of any attack on U.S. assets, the Iranian regime would face a very, very powerful force.

Human Rights Watch: Growing Evidence of Mass Killings of Protesters in Iran

At the end, the Persian-language account of the U.S. State Department on X warned that this position had been stated before and was being reiterated: “Don’t play with President Trump.”

In another part of his remarks, Khamenei said: “I will not allow insults against the president or the heads of other branches and active officials of the country.”

This comes as he himself is the sole target of overthrow slogans by protesters in cities across the country, with demonstrators throughout Iran chanting “This year is the year of blood / Seyed Ali (Khamenei) will be overthrown” and “Death to the dictator.”

Latest news

Iran: Death Sentence of Political Prisoner Manouchehr Fallah Reconfirmed

As pressure against political prisoners in Iran intensifies, reports indicate that a court in Rasht has once again confirmed...

Iran’s Regime Forms New Headquarters for Repression and Control of Cyberspace Amidst Internet Blackouts

As widespread internet disruptions and blackouts continue across Iran, reports indicate the formation of a new body called the...

Secret Execution of Two Kurdish Political Prisoners in Naqadeh Prison, Iran

In the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, the death sentences of two Kurdish political prisoners, Ramin Zeleh and...

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Must read

Chinese company, exec indicted in Iran missile case

Reuters: The U.S. government on Tuesday slapped sanctions on...

Belgian security chief resigns over Iran nuke parts sale

Iran Focus: London, Feb. 01 – The head of...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you