Iran General NewsIranian navy ships return from Syria through Suez

Iranian navy ships return from Syria through Suez

-

Reuters: Two Iranian naval ships returned from Syria through the Suez Canal Tuesday, a Suez Canal source said.
CAIRO (Reuters) – Two Iranian naval ships returned from Syria through the Suez Canal Tuesday, a Suez Canal source said.

The ships entered the canal from the Mediterranean Sea early in the morning, heading south toward the Red Sea, and were expected to leave the canal Tuesday afternoon, the source said.

The ships had docked at the Syrian port of Tartous, in a show of support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a regional ally of Iran.

(Reporting by Yusri Mohamed; Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Louise Ireland)

Latest news

Execution of Shahram Sadeghi, a Protester from Iran’s January Uprising

The Iranian regime's Judiciary announced on the morning of Sunday, August 16, that Shahram Sadeghi had been executed. He...

Iran’s Healthcare Services in Crisis with Shortage of 100,000 Nurses

The shortage of 100,000 nurses in Iran's healthcare system has now become one of the most serious crises facing...

Spanish Daily El Debate: Inside Iran, an Organized Resistance Endures Against the Regime’s Wartime Crackdown

In an analytical report published by the Spanish daily El Debate, Firouz Mahvi, Political Director of the Brussels office...

Political Prisoner Denied Treatment in Greater Tehran Prison

The physical condition of Hamid Haj-Jafar Kashani, a political prisoner held in Tehran Great Prison, has reportedly become concerned...

Iran’s Regime Cuts Food Voucher Benefits Under ‘Overseas Resident’ Label

In its latest move against low-income segments of society, the Iranian regime has suspended food voucher benefits for a...

Canada Sanctions Five Political and Military Officials of the Iranian Regime

The Canadian government announced on Friday, August 14, that it had imposed sanctions on five military and political officials...

Must read

UN chief calls on Iran to comply with IAEA demands

Iran Focus: London, Mar. 29 – United Nations Secretary...

UK govt loses bid to keep Iran opposition group outlawed: ministry

AFP: The British government lost a bid Friday to...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you