New York, 22 Sep – On September 28, 2015, Iranian-Americans and supporters of a free and democratic Iran will gather in New York City to rally against the presence of Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani at the United Nations General Assembly. The rally is being organized by the Organization of Iranian-American Communities (OIAC).
OIAC published on its website that this year’s rally is sponsored by the community of Iranian-Americans in 40 states and by a wide array of inter-faith groups, individuals, and organizations including:
– Millennium Baptist Church,Rev. Donna Washington
– Temple Emanu-el Staten Island-NY, Rabbi Gerald Sussman
– Baltimore Christian Warriors, Rev. King
– Walker Mill Baptist Church, Bishop Vandy Kennedy
– The BMW community Development Group, Dr. Steve Lewis
– Arlington Young Republicans, Matthew Hurt
– New Beginning Missionary Baptist Church (NBMBC), Pastor Edward Young
– New York State Chaplain Task Force, Rev. Marcos A. Miranda, D.D., CCC
Confirmed speakers at this year’s rally are Bill Richardson, former US Ambassador to the UN and Governor of New Mexico, and Tom Ridge, former US Secretary of Homeland Security and Governor of Pennsylvania.
Date: Monday, 28 September 2015
Time: 10:30 AM
Place: Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, U.N.
New York, 47th St. & 1st Ave.
Iran rally in NY to denounce Rouhani’s visit to UN