Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Sunday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Nov 15 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Sunday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei praised the Revolutionary Guards for their handling of the post-election riots, said Guards commander-in-chief Mohammad Ali Jafari.
– Foreign satellite television stations are gaining more popularity with Iranian families, warned a senior official at the state Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB).
– "The gold bubble burst" with the injection of 5 million units of standard gold coins by the Central Bank of Iran on Saturday.
KAR VA KARGAR
– The unemployment rate fluctuated between 10-13 percent over the fourth five-year development plan (2005-2010) and the government failed to realize its aim to bring the rate down to single digits.
– Iran should prevent the "confiscation" of its world-class cultural figures by other countries, said Islamic Guidance Minister Mohammad Hosseini in reference to the renowned 11th century Iranian philosopher-physician Avicenna.