Iran General NewsIran Wants Three-Front War in the Middle East

Iran Wants Three-Front War in the Middle East

-

Nickolay Mladenov

Iran Focus

London, 22 Nov – Iran is trying to violate the terms of the ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas in order to reignite a war in the Gaza strip, according to Nickolay Mladenov, the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process.

Speaking on Wednesday at the Jerusalem Post Diplomatic Conference in Jerusalem, he said: “There are forces out there that want to push us all into the abyss of a confrontation.”

When asked specifically about Iran’s influence in Gaza, Mladenov said: “Since the very first day that the Egyptians first brokered the intra-Palestinian reconciliation agreement in 2017, someone out there has been trying to disrupt it. I hope that together we will succeed in overcoming these forces. No one wants a war in Gaza now. It is going to be really damaging for everyone.”

Mladenov has been working with Egypt to obtain a long-term truce agreement between Hamas and Israel, something that has angered the Palestinian Authority (PA).

Meanwhile, Iran is preparing for a three-front war with Israel, in Syria, Lebanon, and Gaza, according to Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu, who reported that Israeli “spy-planes” are continuing to collect information about the movements of Iran-backed Hezbollah in Lebanon and Syria as well as the Iranian military build-up in Syria.

Israel is concerned about Iran’s power in all three of these areas, but why? Well, in Lebanon, Iran is helping Hezbollah to convert crude rockets into guided missiles that can attack Israel and in Gaza, Iran is attempting to reignite the Israel-Palestine conflict.

In Syria, Iran’s Quds Force – a branch of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) – has founded the 80,000-strong so-called Golan Liberation Brigade, an umbrella organization of Shiite militias which fought in Iraq and Syria, commanded by Qassem Soleimani who is under US sanctions for terrorism.

This three-front war that Iran is desperate for was likely the reason that Iran began a mini-missile-war last week in Gaza to test the Israeli military. This resulted in an anti-tank missile being used to blow up a bus in Gaza before southern Israel was shot at with over 460 rockets; something straight out of the Iran-backed Hezbollah playbook.

In fact, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah openly admitted to supplying the missiles that attacked Israel, while Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar has openly said that Hamas and Hezbollah are working in tandem to attack Israel and bragged that Iran supplies them with “large amounts of cash, ‘equipment’ and expertise”. Notably, the short-range missile was a copy of the Iranian Falaq-2 rocket, which is yet more evidence of Iran’s involvement.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Economic Crisis: The Real Face of a Regime That Portrays Itself as Powerful

Following increased economic pressure on the Iranian regime and a naval blockade, its leaders fear that US President Donald...

Tensions Rise Between France and Iran’s Regime

In response to the Iranian regime's decision to declare two former employees of the French Embassy in Tehran "persona...

Must read

Iran appoints new air force chief

Associated Press: IRAN appointed a US-trained fighter pilot as...

Iran scraps plan to send warships to Atlantic: Fars

Reuters: Iran has called off a deployment of warships...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you