IranShip Traffic Through Strait of Hormuz Falls to Lowest...

Ship Traffic Through Strait of Hormuz Falls to Lowest Level in Weeks

-

Shipping data show that the number of vessels transiting the Strait of Hormuz on Sunday fell to its lowest level in recent weeks. At the same time, the resumption of attacks between the United States and the Iranian regime, along with strikes targeting ships in the Middle East, has heightened concerns over maritime safety.

Reuters reported on Monday, July 13, that according to vessel-tracking data from Kpler, only six ships transited the Strait of Hormuz on July 12, the lowest number recorded in the past five weeks.

IRGC Announces Closure of Strait of Hormuz After Firing on a Ship

Among the tankers leaving the strait was the very large crude carrier (VLCC) Humanity, carrying 2 million barrels of Iranian oil.

Another tanker, Captain Andreas, also exited the Strait of Hormuz carrying about 500,000 barrels of refined petroleum products from Kuwait.

According to the data, three empty oil tankers also entered the Persian Gulf to load crude oil. Most tankers switched off their identification transmitters while transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

Over the weekend, no liquefied natural gas (LNG) tanker whose entry into the Strait of Hormuz was visible in vessel-tracking data was recorded.

According to Kpler data, a tanker operated by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) exited the Strait of Hormuz between July 10 and July 12. The vessel is en route to Dahej Port in India.

Rising Concerns Over Maritime Security

As the latest round of U.S. strikes began, Iranian officials reported projectile impacts at locations in the provinces of Hormozgan, Markazi, Khuzestan, and Bushehr.

The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that on July 12, U.S. forces carried out another wave of attacks against the Iranian regime, striking dozens of targets at multiple locations using precision-guided munitions.

CENTCOM said the objective of the strikes was to reduce the Iranian regime’s capability to attack commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz.

U.S. President Donald Trump said in an interview with NBC’s Meet the Press on July 12 that the Strait of Hormuz remains open to commercial shipping.

The remarks came as the United States and the Iranian regime continue exchanging attacks, raising concerns about maritime safety along one of the world’s most important oil shipping routes.

The Iranian regime had previously announced that it had closed the Strait of Hormuz after a vessel transited through an unauthorized route and was targeted.

On July 13, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) announced that its navy had disabled the systems of two vessels the previous night and intercepted them in the Strait of Hormuz.

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Lays Groundwork for Raising Gasoline Prices

As economic and financial pressure on the Iranian regime intensifies, Iranian regime president Masoud Pezeshkian has once again laid...

Iranian Regime Parliament Speaker: If People Are Hungry, We Will Not Survive

Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of the Iranian regime’s Majlis (parliament), warned about the consequences of the economic crisis...

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Must read

Obama condemns ‘barbaric’ attack on Israeli bus

AFP: US President Barack Obama condemned as a "barbaric...

Iran army chief warns Turkey over Patriot missiles

AFP: Iran's armed forces chief of staff on Saturday...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you