NewsSpecial WireIran’s chief of police: New crackdown to start next...

Iran’s chief of police: New crackdown to start next week

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Sep. 02 – Iran’s police chief on Friday announced that starting from September 6, State Security Forces would launch a joint campaign along with various other security apparatus to crack down on “troublemakers” in the country. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Sep. 02 – Iran’s police chief on Friday announced that starting from September 6, State Security Forces would launch a joint campaign along with various other security apparatus to crack down on “troublemakers” in the country.

Revolutionary Guard Brigadier General Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam, in an interview with an state-run law enforcement website, said that to guard national security, it was decided in a meeting among senior officials in the SSF, the Tehran Prosecutor’s Office, the Bassij (Islamic vigilantes loyal to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei), and the Tehran branch of the Ministry of Intelligence and Security that “troublemakers” in the streets should be treated more severely.

Authorities routinely refer to anti-government activists as trouble-makers.

He said that the new crackdown would commence on September 6, adding, “The details of this plan will be announced in due time by the officials in command”.

The SSF chief warned people not to have wedding parties in the streets. “If a person wants to be joyful, he must not choose public areas and block them for such actions”, he said, adding that police would crack down on such activities.

Earlier on Tuesday, Iran’s State Security Forces announced in a statement that street-celebrations during weddings were banned and that the police would crack down on any “Joy Caravans” (celebrations in cars).

The SSF statement said that such celebrations in the streets caused public disorder. “The State Security Forces would prevent any forms of actions or attempts under the pretext of joy caravans, which disrupt social order and the citizens’ peace, so as to protect the rights of citizens and create peace for individuals and society.

Brigadier General Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam was until recently the number two in the paramilitary Bassij and commander of the force in Greater Tehran, and has been a long-time ally of President-elect Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The two worked together closely in the military crackdown on Iran’s autonomy-seeking Kurds in the 1980s, when they were both Revolutionary Guards commanders based in Hamzeh Garrison near the north-western city of Orumieh.

Latest news

Iran: Death Sentence of Political Prisoner Manouchehr Fallah Reconfirmed

As pressure against political prisoners in Iran intensifies, reports indicate that a court in Rasht has once again confirmed...

Iran’s Regime Forms New Headquarters for Repression and Control of Cyberspace Amidst Internet Blackouts

As widespread internet disruptions and blackouts continue across Iran, reports indicate the formation of a new body called the...

Secret Execution of Two Kurdish Political Prisoners in Naqadeh Prison, Iran

In the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, the death sentences of two Kurdish political prisoners, Ramin Zeleh and...

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Must read

World Can’t Trust Iran on Nuclear Deal

Iran Focus London, 23 Feb - The Saudi foreign...

Ahmadinejad should ‘open nightclubs’: Iran MP jibes

AFP: A hardline Iranian MP on Saturday took a...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you