Iran Nuclear NewsIran to postpone nuclear work until next week

Iran to postpone nuclear work until next week

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Aug. 03 – Facing a barrage of international criticism, Iran announced that it would start work
at its uranium conversion facility in Isfahan, central Iran, early next week, backtracking on earlier threats to restart the
program on Wednesday. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Aug. 03 – Facing a barrage of international criticism, Iran announced that it would start work at its uranium conversion facility in Isfahan, central Iran, early next week, backtracking on earlier threats to restart the program on Wednesday.

Hassan Rowhani, the outgoing Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council and the country’s chief nuclear negotiator, told state television on Wednesday that the decision had been taken to postpone the lifting of the seals, placed at the plant by international weapons inspectors from the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog, so as to give the International Atomic Energy Agency the time it needed to transfer and install cameras and other surveillance equipment to monitor Iran’s activities.

Rowhani said that he had written a letter to IAEA director general Mohamed ElBaradei announcing Iran’s decision to recommence work at the Isfahan plant and requesting the nuclear watchdog to send inspectors to verify the lifting of the seals.

He demanded that the IAEA act speedily in preparing the surveillance apparatus so that Iran would start its uranium conversion activity as soon as possible.

Asked about when Iran would recommence its activities, the mid-ranking cleric replied, “By the start of next week”.

Rejecting United States and European charges that commencement of uranium conversion was in breach of the November 2004 Paris Agreement with the EU, Rowhani said, “We have lived up to all of our commitments in accordance with the Paris Agreement. It is the Europeans who have not fulfilled their promises and have breached the Paris Agreement”.

The SNSC secretary told state television that in their letter to him, the three European Foreign Ministers of France, Germany, and the United Kingdom had warned that if Iran carried out work at the UCF site, their two-year nuclear negotiations would come to an end.

“This is not acceptable to us”, he said.

Sending Iran’s nuclear file to the UN Security Council will be a political move under American pressure, Rowhani said.

Latest news

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Gasoline Price Hikes in Iran Trigger a New Battle Over People’s Livelihoods

As Iran’s economic crisis, inflation, and declining purchasing power continue, recent remarks by Hamid Rasai, a member of the...

Paris to Host Major Rally Supporting a Free Iran on June 20

More than 100,000 people are expected to gather in Paris on June 20, 2026, to voice their support for...

Amnesty International: 2,159 People Executed in Iran in 2025

In a new report, Amnesty International stated that the Iranian regime carried out at least 2,159 executions in 2025,...

Must read

Iran Supreme Court upholds death sentence for teenage boy

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Dec. 29 – Iran’s Supreme...

Naghmeh Abedini pleads for husband imprisoned in Iran

UPI: The wife of U.S. pastor Saeed Abedini, who...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you