Iran Nuclear NewsIran Refuses to Give up Ballistic Missiles Programme

Iran Refuses to Give up Ballistic Missiles Programme

-

Iran Focus

London, 25 May – The Iranian Regime has revealed that they consider their ballistic missiles programme to be non-negotiable and indicated that they will not give up the programme for anything.

Mohammad Bagher Nobakht, a spokesman for the Regime, told reporters on Tuesday: “The Iranian nation has decided to be powerful. Our missiles are for peace and for defence … American officials should know that whenever we need to technically test a missile, we will do so and will not wait for their permission.”

These comments followed moves by the recently re-elected President Hassan Rouhani, a so-called moderate, which rolled back on anti-ballistic-missile-program sentiments.

Nobakht said that the Iranian Regime was fully committed to advancing its ballistic missile program, which is funded under the 2017 budget.

He said: “Stronger defence power will further protect the internal and regional security, therefore, it is natural that the country’s defensive missile program is among the Islamic Republic’s unchangeable policies and fortunately, strengthening the defence power has been clearly foreseen in the sixth development program and this year’s budget.”

Meanwhile, the Second Deputy of the Parliament, Ali Motahari, has urged Rouhani to quickly assemble a new administration, which would include popular figures like Tehran’s Mayor, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf.

This is concerning for the West and their Middle Eastern allies because it is believed that the ballistic missile programme could be used to launch a nuclear-armed weapon, according to the US intelligence community.

Although the Iranian Regime claims that its missile programme would only be used in defence, we have seen several ballistic missiles tests from the Regime so far in 2017, and thanks to the Iranian Resistance, we know that the Regime is still working on its nuclear programme in violation of the 2015 nuclear pact between Iran and six world powers in including the US and the UK.

It is believed that these comments are concessions to the terror squad, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), who were (very lightly) criticised by Rouhani during his re-election campaign.

According to Track Persia, Rouhani’s strained relationship with the IRGC over the missile programme and the role of the Guard in the country, particularly in the economic sector, represents a growing divide between the government and the military.

In 2015, Rouhani even accused the IRGC of reviewing ballistic missiles just prior to the nuclear deal, in an attempt to derail it.

Rouhani, however, has no power on the IRGC; they are under the direct control of the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.

Latest news

Economic Crisis: The Real Face of a Regime That Portrays Itself as Powerful

Following increased economic pressure on the Iranian regime and a naval blockade, its leaders fear that US President Donald...

Tensions Rise Between France and Iran’s Regime

In response to the Iranian regime's decision to declare two former employees of the French Embassy in Tehran "persona...

Cost of Living Basket Several Times Higher Than Iranian Workers’ Wages

Workers' cost of living has come under pressure from inflation and low wages. July inflation data point to intensifying...

‘No To Executions Tuesdays’ Campaign Expands to 60 Prisons Across Iran

According to human rights sources in Iran, the "No to Executions Tuesdays" campaign has expanded to 60 prisons across...

Iranian Regime Parliament Issues New Plan to Counter ‘Infiltration’

The general framework of the proposal titled "Countering the Infiltration of Intelligence Services and Foreign Governments or Institutions" was...

People In Iran Can No Longer Afford to Repair Household Appliances

The sharp rise in living costs in Iran has prevented many citizens from repairing household appliances, forcing them to...

Must read

Iran foreign minister: nuclear deal possible in six months

Reuters: Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Mohammad Zarif said on...

Increasing Assassination Attempts by The Iranian Regime in Britain, MI5 Chief Warns

The Director-General of the UK's domestic security service, MI5,...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you