Iran TerrorismIRAN: State media raise bounty on Salman Rushdie

IRAN: State media raise bounty on Salman Rushdie

-

The National Council of Resistance of Iran reports that that 40 state-run media outlets have jointly offered a new $600,000 bounty for the head of British author Salman Rushdie. The announcement was made to coincide with the anniversary of the fatwa issued by Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic. At the centre of this is Fars News Agency, one of the main funders of the terror plan in Iran

Mansour Amini, the head of the Saraj Cyberspace Organization and the Secretary of the Third Exhibition of Islamic Revolution’s Digital Medias. He has announced on February 17 the names of the outlets that contributed money to the fund. At the head of these terrible developments is the state-run Fars News Agency, which is closely affiliated to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), was among the largest contributors. Amini said that Fars has devoted one billion Rials, or nearly $30,000.

Cyberban also allocated one billion Rials, while Tehran Press News allocated 300 million, or nearly $10,000 and Saraj Cyberspace Organization and the Headquarters for Advocating Virtue each allocated 500 million Rials for the potential assassination.

Shahin Gobadi of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) has said: “This once again clearly shows that terrorism is intertwined with the very existence of this regime as one of the pillars of its survival. The mere fact that even the so-called media in this regime allocate a budget for terror manifests that all of the regime’s institutions are geared toward its ominous objectives. It’s simply ludicrous to think that one can reach out to some parts of the ruling theocracy to bring about moderation.”

Just one look at the content the news agency is promoting online is a huge cause for concern. This reflects the lack of media freedom in Iran and its caps on free speech.
In 1989, Khomeini issued the fatwa against Rushdie on charges of blasphemy on to cover up the defeat of his goals in the Iran-Iraq war and in order to create crisis to divert attention from the regime’s problems and people’s demands following the Iran-Iraq war.

The regime’s supreme leader Ali Khamenei and other officials have reiterated this fatwa on a number of occasions over the past 27 years. Khamenei underscored its validity on October 20, 2015.

Fars News Agency, February 17, 2016 (screenshots):

 

Latest news

Growing Disintegration Among Iran Regime’s Forces

Iran has been shaken by a wave of nationwide protests since mid-September. The trigger was the death of the...

Grim Tidings for Iran’s Regime After Approval of UN Fact-Finding Mission

After many discussions and debates, the United Nations Human Rights Council has approved a fact-finding mission to investigate the...

Iranian People’s Resistance Changed the Appeasement Policy

Soon after the new US government started its obligations in January 2021, hand in hand with the European governments...

Khamenei’s Disgraceful Campaign Against Piranshahr and Javanrud, Who Will Be the Loser?

On the 67th day of Iran’s revolution, the Iranian regime attempted to put a halt to the protests in...

Iran: Expensive Medicine, Cheap Human Life

A look at the equipment and weapons that the Iranian regime has been using against its people to suppress...

Who Is Abolqasem Salavati Iran Regime’s Killer Judge?

Last week, it was announced that the case of several people who were arrested during the Iranian People's uprising...

Must read

Millions of Iranians ready for martyrdom: Ahmadinejad

Reuters: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday millions of...

Iran heads for 5th month of oil exports above sanctions limit

World Bulletin: Iran's oil exports have stayed above levels allowed...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you