Iran TerrorismRansom Paid by the US to Iran Is Confirmed

Ransom Paid by the US to Iran Is Confirmed

-

Iran Focus

London, 26 Feb – Former Pentagon official, Michael Rubin, testified last year before the House Financial Services Committee regarding allegations that the White House, during Obama’s time in office, paid a large ransom to Iran in exchange for the release of American hostages it was holding.

The figure was believed to be $400 million, but it was later discovered that the figure was at least three times more.

It is now obvious that the State Department officials has lied to the committee during this hearing, claims Rubin. He said: “But, lest there be any question about how the Iranian government perceived the payment received from the United States, Hossein Nejat, deputy Intelligence Director of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps yesterday bragged that Iran forced the United States to pay $1.4 billion ransom to win the release of imprisoned Washington Post correspondent Jason Rezaian.”

Speaking about the implications of this for the United States, Rubin said that “the damage is already done”. He explained the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) took the cash and will use it to “fuel greater terror”. Also, the funds will be used to support the country’s campaigns abroad – Syria and Yemen in particular.

He added that the United States, in 2010, was able to undercover Iranian plans to kill the Saudi ambassador in Washington because American intelligence was keeping a close eye on bank accounts that were controlled by the Qods Force. He said: “Cash makes it far easier for Iran to move money without risk of detection.”

Rubin said that it is ironic that the official President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry chose to manage the hostage negotiation has been retained by President Trump.

“At the very least, however, it is time to publish the hostage agreement. Obama promised he would preside over the most transparent administration in history. Five weeks after Obama left office, Trump has the power to hold his predecessor to it and expose the true mendacity of Obama’s ransom deal.”

Latest news

Iran: Death Sentence of Political Prisoner Manouchehr Fallah Reconfirmed

As pressure against political prisoners in Iran intensifies, reports indicate that a court in Rasht has once again confirmed...

Iran’s Regime Forms New Headquarters for Repression and Control of Cyberspace Amidst Internet Blackouts

As widespread internet disruptions and blackouts continue across Iran, reports indicate the formation of a new body called the...

Secret Execution of Two Kurdish Political Prisoners in Naqadeh Prison, Iran

In the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, the death sentences of two Kurdish political prisoners, Ramin Zeleh and...

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Must read

Treasury’s charge sees Tehran enabling al Qaeda in Syria

Wall Street Journal: The Obama administration charged that Tehran has...

Dissident ayatollah says freedom lacking in Iran

AFP: Iran's most prominent dissident cleric has complained freedom...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you