Life in Iran TodayIran Health Ministry Downplaying Coronavirus 

Iran Health Ministry Downplaying Coronavirus 

-

Iran Health Ministry justifies its incompetence by downplaying the coronavirus crisis

By Jubin Katiraie

On SaturdayIran’s Health Ministry said that 145 Iranians have died as a result of the COVID-19 virus, while 5,823 are infected. 

However, reports from inside Iran show this figure to be incredibly low, which shows that the mullahs are trying to downplay the COVID-19 crisis in order to seem more in control. 

In fact, the real number of infections and fatalities is so high that hospitals are overcapacity and unable to admit new coronavirus patients. Here, we will look at a few examples that sadly show the reality across Iran. 

In Mashhads Shariati Hospital, only people suffering from severe respiratory problems can be admitted; everyone else is told to stay at home. One healthcare worker said that 14 patients have died there from COVID-19 in just two days. 

In Sayad Hospital in Gorgan, a video shows that the hallways are filled with COVID-19 patients on beds because the rooms are full. 
While in Rasht, hospitals have no more space. A video from outside the Rasoul Akram Hospital there shows an elderly man collapsed on the ground, coughing and struggling to breathe. Someone speaking on the video says that the hospital was overcapacity and would not admit the obviously sick man. 

While a video from a morgue in Qom last week showed dozens of bodies of coronavirus victims, wrapped up, in several rooms. The bodies had been piling up for several days, awaiting preparation for burial but there are too many to process. 

Of course, they are trying to keep the true death toll quiet, even after the mayor of Mashhad declared the situation critical and the governor of Khorasan Razavi province ordered people to stay in their homes. 

Gilanrepresentative of the Health MinisterMehdi Shadnoush, said the situation was “grave”. 

He saidThere are people who have lost fathers, mothers and other loved ones to the disease in a short time and their other loved ones are now in hospital. 

Even Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has been forced to admit that the coronavirus is out of control, telling Tuesday’s cabinet meeting that it spread to almost all of Iran’s provinces, just weeks after claiming that life would return to normal at the end of February. 

Now the authorities have even canceled Friday prayers in all provincial capitals – something unprecedented since the 1979 revolution – because of the coronavirus. 

The National Council of Resistance saidSaturday that more than 2,000 people have died from COVID-19 across Iran. 

 

Read More:

Deliberate Lies Raise Iranians’ Wrath Against Rulers

The Time for Appropriate Response to Iran’s Years of Secrecy

Latest news

Iran’s Regime Executes Ghaem Hosseini, Fifth Execution in Alikhani Square Case

Ghaem Hosseini, who was arrested during the nationwide January protests and was one of those sentenced in the so-called...

Iranian Patients Face Soaring Medication Costs as Drug Prices Soar by 300%

While the Iranian regime's Food and Drug Administration claims that the recent currency policy changes do not mean the...

Iran’s Livelihood Crisis and the Regime’s Deadlock in Covering Costs

The August 18 editions of the Tosee Irani and Ham-Mihan newspapers carried the headline: "The monthly livelihood basket has...

Fresh Wave of Disciplinary Actions at Sharif University: 10 Students Face Expulsion

Sharif University of Technology has once again become the focus of disciplinary actions and student expulsions. According to the...

Economic Crisis: The Real Face of a Regime That Portrays Itself as Powerful

Following increased economic pressure on the Iranian regime and a naval blockade, its leaders fear that US President Donald...

Tensions Rise Between France and Iran’s Regime

In response to the Iranian regime's decision to declare two former employees of the French Embassy in Tehran "persona...

Must read

Syrian rights group denounces Iran’s presence in Vienna talks

Iran FocusLondon, 17 May - A Syrian human rights...

Iran’s ‘reforming’ Rouhani has fooled the West once again

The Telegraph: One of the more dangerous fairy stories...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you