NewsSpecial WireSmuggled film of Iran hanging shocks Western viewers

Smuggled film of Iran hanging shocks Western viewers

-

Iran Focus: Paris, May 31 – The Paris-based National Council
of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), the principal coalition that aims
to topple the Iranian theocracy, has for the first time broadcast graphic video footage of three young Iranian men being hanged in public. The never-before-seen video, which was obtained and smuggled out of the country by the People’s Mojahedin Organisation of Iran (PMOI), a leading group within the coalition, was for the first time shown publicly in a Paris press conference last week soon after U.S.-based rights group, … Iran Focus

Paris, May 31 – The Paris-based National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), the principal coalition that aims to topple the Iranian theocracy, has for the first time broadcast graphic video footage of three young Iranian men being hanged in public.

The never-before-seen video, which was obtained and smuggled out of the country by the People’s Mojahedin Organisation of Iran (PMOI), a leading group within the coalition, was for the first time shown publicly in a Paris press conference last week soon after U.S.-based rights group, Human Rights Watch, released a 28-page report accusing the PMOI of torturing their dissident members.

The PMOI, which denies the allegations and blames Iran’s notorious Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS a.k.a. VEVAK) for “spreading lies to demonize the opposition in the eyes of the world”, said in a statement around the same time that HRW should condemn the Iranian regime for violations of human rights in light of the latest videotape evidence rather than making allegations regarding the principle resistance movement based on the testimonies of a dozen “VEVAK agents”.

The shocking footage shows three separate scenes of three young men being taken forcefully in public and then hanged in the open, with one of the men accusing his executioners of having plotted to kill him just before the noose of the rope is pulled around his neck.

Mohammad Mohaddessin, chair of the NCRI Foreign Affairs Committee, said that the horrifying scenes were “unfortunately, ever too common in Iran”.

Mohaddessin denounced the continuing dialogue among the European troika of France, Germany, and the United Kingdom with the clerical state, and said that despite the fact that it provides short-term economic contracts, it also allows the regime to further continue unabatedly violations of human rights. “Dialogue with the mullahs is a gateway for the regime to claim legitimacy”, he said.

Latest news

Canadian Federal Court Rejects Salman Samani’s Request to Halt Deportation

The Federal Court of Canada has rejected Salman Samani's request to halt his deportation from Canada. Samani served as...

Middle Eastern Countries Seek Ways to Move Oil Through the Strait of Hormuz

An Iraqi government source told the Iraqi news outlet Shafagh News that Iraq's State Oil Marketing Organization (SOMO) is...

Iran’s Regime Plans Fuel Rationing, Higher Gasoline Prices Within Next 15 Days

Esmail Saghab-Esfahani, a vice president of Iran's regime, said on Saturday, August 15, that Iran's daily gasoline consumption is...

Iranian Regime Drone Attack on Office of Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region of Iraq

Masrour Barzani, Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, announced that his private office and the residence of...

Iran’s Regime is Rebuilding the Security Circle Around Mojtaba Khamenei with New Security Figure

The return of Hossein Taeb to the Iranian regime's security structures, at a time when the balance of power...

Ship Traffic Through the Strait of Hormuz Has Nearly Come to a Halt After Tanker Attacks

Reuters, citing data from maritime tracking company Kpler, reported that commercial ship traffic through the international Strait of Hormuz...

Must read

Rebel group Jundollah claims Iran suicide bombs-TV

Reuters: The Sunni Muslim rebel group Jundollah said it...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you