NewsSpecial WireIran snubs EU call for end to nuclear crisis

Iran snubs EU call for end to nuclear crisis

-

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Aug. 02 – Iran snubbed Tuesday evening European calls for it to abandon its threats to resume nuclear conversion work and continue negotiations with the European Three – Britain, France, and Germany. “The time for threats and intimidation is over”, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi said in an announcement carried in Iran’s state-run news agency. Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Aug. 02 – Iran snubbed Tuesday evening European calls for it to abandon its threats to resume nuclear conversion work and continue negotiations with the European Three – Britain, France, and Germany.

“The time for threats and intimidation is over”, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi said in an announcement carried in Iran’s state-run news agency.

In a joint letter, the EU-3 Foreign Ministers along with the EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana told Iran’s chief nuclear negotiator Hassan Rowhani, “Were Iran to resume currently suspended activities, our negotiations would be brought to an end, and we would have no option but to pursue other courses of action”.

“The response to their letter will soon be given from diplomatic channels”, Asefi added.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman accused the European Three of not abiding by the November 2004 Paris Agreement and said that Iran would never set aside its nuclear rights.

Earlier on Tuesday, French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin and French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy threatened Iran with United Nations Security Council referral if it did not back down on its threats.

De Villepin told Europe 1 radio, “The Security Council will have to be called on if Iran refuses to comply”.

German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder in another stern warning to Iran said that the West would not be divided in opposing the Islamic Republic from obtaining nuclear weapons. He said that Iran would be making a mistake to think that the West lacked the resolve to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear-armed power.

Latest news

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Gasoline Price Hikes in Iran Trigger a New Battle Over People’s Livelihoods

As Iran’s economic crisis, inflation, and declining purchasing power continue, recent remarks by Hamid Rasai, a member of the...

Paris to Host Major Rally Supporting a Free Iran on June 20

More than 100,000 people are expected to gather in Paris on June 20, 2026, to voice their support for...

Amnesty International: 2,159 People Executed in Iran in 2025

In a new report, Amnesty International stated that the Iranian regime carried out at least 2,159 executions in 2025,...

Must read

EU, Iran plan more nuclear talks, no deal reached

Reuters: European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana said...

Iran arrests International Women’s Day marchers

Iran Focus: Tehran, Iran, Mar. 08 – Hundreds of...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you