Iran Nuclear NewsIran Shuns President Trump’s Offer of Meeting

Iran Shuns President Trump’s Offer of Meeting

-

Iran-nuclear-deal-Donald-Trump-and-Rouhani

Iran Focus

London, 3 August – Earlier this week, U.S. President Donald Trump said that we would meet the leaders of Iran “anytime they want”. This comes a week after warning Iran in an angry message on Twitter. He said: “To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!”

After the message that was posted on the social media site last Sunday, many compared it to the warning Trump gave to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Last year, Trump said: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States.

They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen … he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before.”

Since then, Trump and Kim Jong Un have held “warm talks” in Singapore. Yet it remains to be seen whether Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will be open to talks. Trump has made it very clear that he would like a meeting with Iran. He said: “I’ll meet with anybody. Speaking to other people, especially when you’re talking about potentials of war and death and famine and lots of other things. You meet, there’s nothing wrong with meeting.”

However, Iran has been very closed to the idea of engaging with the United States. After the United Nations General Assembly last year, it was reported that Iranian officials shunned Trump’s request to speak.

Iran has a deep mistrust of the United States and the country’s interior minister said that Trump cannot be trusted because he pulled out of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal.

Other Iranian officials are saying that Trump must re-join the nuclear agreement if he has any chance of meeting with Iran.

The United States has the upper hand in the situation and Iran is just being stubborn. Trump pulled out of the nuclear deal because he couldn’t possibly let Iran continue on the same destructive path any longer. He announced the reapplication of tough economic sanctions and warned that more would come.

He announced the U.S. exit from the deal in May. It is now August and the first batch of sanctions will take effect next week. The next batch will be in November. Iran has had plenty of time to reassess the situation and take action so that it does not get to the situation it is currently in. However, it has wasted the opportunity, no doubt because it does not want to give in to the United States.

The Iranian economy is in a complete mess and the situation will not get any better until the ruling mullahs are toppled. Iranian officials will only negotiate if it has something to gain. They will not concede on anything despite their immense position of weakness.

Latest news

Iran: Death Sentence of Political Prisoner Manouchehr Fallah Reconfirmed

As pressure against political prisoners in Iran intensifies, reports indicate that a court in Rasht has once again confirmed...

Iran’s Regime Forms New Headquarters for Repression and Control of Cyberspace Amidst Internet Blackouts

As widespread internet disruptions and blackouts continue across Iran, reports indicate the formation of a new body called the...

Secret Execution of Two Kurdish Political Prisoners in Naqadeh Prison, Iran

In the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, the death sentences of two Kurdish political prisoners, Ramin Zeleh and...

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Must read

Major powers try to narrow gap over Iran sanctions

Reuters: Major powers sought to narrow differences over sanctions...

BNP Paribas dollar-clearing ban said to start in 2015

Bloomberg: BNP Paribas SA won a reprieve during final talks...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you