Iran General NewsUS Blacklists 6 Chinese Entities for Violating Iran Sanctions

US Blacklists 6 Chinese Entities for Violating Iran Sanctions

-

China, the world’s largest crude buyer, continues to import oil from Iran.

By Pooya Stone

On September 26, the US Department of Treasury imposed sanctions on six Chinese entities for violating sanctions on Iran.

The sanctions are part of the US government’s “maximum pressure campaign” against Iran. They target Cosco subsidiaries, Cosco Shipping Tanker Dalian, Cosco Shipping Tanker Dalian Seaman, and Ship Management, Kunlun companies Kunlun Holding, Kunlun Shipping and Pegasus 88, as well as oil trader China Concord Petroleum, for violating restrictions on handling and transacting Iranian oil.

China, the world’s largest crude buyer, continues to import oil from Iran. It has imported 788,000 tons of crude oil from Iran in August 2019; last year the Chinese companies imported a monthly average of 2.4 million tons of crude oil, according to the Chinese customs data. The two countries recently agreed to update a 25-year program signed in 2016 to include an unprecedented $400bn of investment in Iran.

“This is one of the largest sanctions actions the United States has taken against entities and individuals identified as transporting Iranian oil since our sanctions were re-imposed in November 2018,” Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said in a statement.

The move is aimed at denying the Iranian government critical income to engage in foreign conflicts, advance its ballistic missile development, and fund terrorism around the world, Pompeo said. These sanctions are over the transport of Iranian crude oil, and the U.S. is similarly concerned about the export of Iranian refined petroleum products, he said.

“And we are telling China, and all nations: know that we will sanction every violation,” Pompeo said at a conference on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

“The more Iran lashes out the greater our pressure will and should be,” Pompeo said. “That path forward begins now with two new actions.”

He said Washington was also ramping up efforts to educate countries on the risks of doing business with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) entities and that it will punish those who continue to business with the IRGC, which is a clear violation of sanctions.

Latest news

Secret Execution of Two Kurdish Political Prisoners in Naqadeh Prison, Iran

In the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, the death sentences of two Kurdish political prisoners, Ramin Zeleh and...

City Council Member in Zanjan Runs Over Protesting Worker With Car

The state-run Rouydad24 news website wrote on May 19 regarding the protests by Zanjan municipality workers: "Disregard for workers'...

PMOI Confirms Deaths of Resistance Unit Members During 2025–2026 Iran Uprising

As further details emerge from the nationwide uprising that swept across Iran from late 2025 into early 2026, the...

Urban Poverty in Iran: The Collapse of the Economy of Life in Major Cities

Urban poverty in Iran has now reached a stage where it can no longer be explained merely through income...

Gasoline Price Hikes in Iran Trigger a New Battle Over People’s Livelihoods

As Iran’s economic crisis, inflation, and declining purchasing power continue, recent remarks by Hamid Rasai, a member of the...

Paris to Host Major Rally Supporting a Free Iran on June 20

More than 100,000 people are expected to gather in Paris on June 20, 2026, to voice their support for...

Must read

Washington Times: Special Report on MEK’s Free Iran Rally 2019

By Pooya Stone The Washington Times on Thursday published...

Iran condemns British title for author Rushdie

Reuters: Iran accused Britain on Sunday of insulting Islam...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you